Careers With Marigolds
If you are interested in working with Marigolds to create a new cannabis experience for consumers to learn about new non-medical cannabis products – we welcome you to review the positions below and apply today. At Marigolds our intention is to educate consumers to safely and responsibly integrate cannabis products for self-guided health and wellness, lifestyle and recreational consumption.
POSITION: Product Consultant (Gastown)
You are the root of our success as a brand. You will be educated and trained to support your delivery of an unparalleled consumer experience to our guests. You will learn current and positive product education, while creating an authentic, natural and inspired community and new cannabis culture.
Your cannabis training will prepare you for every interaction within Marigolds, as well as, out in the community. Throughout your adventure in Marigolds you will become a leader in a new and emerging cannabis community and culture. Your cannabis education will serve as a foundation to flourish and share product knowledge, while respecting the natural evolution of this remarkable resource, and cultivate a community that embraces the natural spirit in all of us.
- You provide cannabis education and lifestyle integration support for every guest, while creating a natural and inspired community and culture in, and out of the store.
- You are consistently educated in the most current cannabis knowledge and equipped to deliver a top quality experience.
- You may be required to receive and process cannabis orders via the LDB involving: unpacking, counting, re-stocking, quality assurance and disposing of cannabis as necessary according to Federal regulations. All training will be provided.
- You will unpack orders and re-stock for inventory as required (boxes will not exceed 30 lbs).
- You may be responsible for daily inventory management including: required reporting, receiving, processing, restocking + destocking, and visual merchandising.
- You play a vital role in preparing and maintaining the environment each day, to ensure a clean, well-stocked, safe and happy environment for all, as well as, closing the environment as outlined by Management.
- You may answer store phones, respond to voicemails and the store email account as needed.
- You prepare orders for consumers and ensure all purchased products are sealed and placed in carry bags.
- You ensure that cannabis products are never opened on store premises. Any and all flower used for merchandising display purposes will be properly recorded, opened, displayed and destroyed according to Federal regulations by Management only.
- You will be trained and will utilize the Point of Sale system to accurately and efficiently process guest transactions, payments, refunds/exchanges and gift cards. All reporting requirements will be completed by Management.
- You will use hand held mobile devices to access and order product for guests within the store only.
- You will be trained in the following: Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations relating to cannabis legalization, Marigolds’ SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), Safety Policies and Procedures. Your work will be in partnership with your team and surrounding community to ensure a safe and responsible environment for all.
- You are encouraged to build relationships within the legal cannabis industry in Marigolds environment, and with guests during their visits to Marigolds.
- You will learn, and know, about Licensed Producers and their brands, and become familiar with news in the cannabis industry.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager/Assistant Manager/Leader, you will perform and complete additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request within Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations.
YOU’LL LIKE IT HERE IF
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests.
You integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working (aka you don’t take yourself too seriously).
- You acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same.
- You lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- All Product Consultants must apply for and be granted a British Columbia Worker Security Verification to legally work at Marigolds Cannabis and possess a Selling It Right Certification
- All Product Consultants must meet the needs of the brand, store location and business, which may evolve over time. Marigolds’ Founder and Management will guide and lead the direction and needs throughout Marigolds’ growth.
- Marigolds will operate seven days a week. The schedule will include a combination of shifts including: opening, closing, swing shifts and special event shifts. Availability is important and understanding of retail work days and hours is a must. Availability is important and understanding of retail work days and hours is a must. Marigolds also believes in balance, and will work as a team to ensure everyone is respected and life is manageable to the best of our ability.
- Marigolds reserves the right to make adjustments and modify the schedule and/ or availability requirements from time to time at its sole discretion, but will strive to do so with transparency and communication.
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December (the start of the second week in period 11) until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period.
- Applicants are a minimum of 19+ years of age.
- No cannabis knowledge is necessary.
- A minimum high school education required.
- A health and wellness background, knowledge and lifestyle are preferred, and an asset.
- You are a Cannabis Educator
- Time will be spent on the retail floor, and back of store as determined by store responsibilities.
- Hours expectation – Part time: up to 19 hours. Full time: 20-40 hours.
- Status: Non-Exempt.
- Remuneration to be negotiated.
- Benefits and incentives will be discussed and planned accordingly.